I believe traveling opens the mind and the heart. I love traveling. Learning something unique about a different place, exploring a culture, and meeting new people is always fun. When I get a chance to travel I do it without any hesitation. Now that I am a vegan, I’m more cautious about what I eat, and traveling unfortunately becomes more difficult. I tend to focus on seeing and exploring places as much as I can in a short period of time that I almost always forget to make myself a list of vegan cafes/restaurants. My recent trip to Orlando’s amusement parks made me miss vegan food so much. I loved the whole experience except the food. Lesson learnt. For my next trip to the sunny and fogy San Francisco I made a list of to go vegan snacks to keep me full and energetic while I walk or hike. Although, I highly doubt I will have any difficulties to find a vegan place, I am that “you never know” person or “just in case”.
These are healthy snacks you could carry with you while hiking or sight seeing anywhere:
- Get avocados and bread to make yourself avocado toast
- Raw almonds (are great, they always keep me full and give me energy)
- Fruits such as: bananas or apples..(iron and potassium)
- Mini sweet bell papers (low in calories and exceptionally rich in vitamin C and other antioxidants, making them an excellent addition to a healthy diet).
- Rice crackers/cake with peanut butter (Gluten free and filling)
- Dates (These delicious fruits contain oil, calcium, sulfur, iron, potassium, phosphorous, manganese, copper and magnesium, which are all beneficial for health).
Also, there are plenty of less healthy snack ideas you could get in stores.