Oliv’e or potato salad is a very popular salad in Central Asia. You would usually see this type of salad during holidays, birthdays or any significant celebrations. Unfortunately, this salad is made with meat, mayo and eggs therefore, is not fully vegan. I experimented and added vegan sausage instead of meat, simply removed eggs and mayo, and kept other ingredients.
- 3 medium potatoes
- 2 medium carrots
- 3 links sausage
- 4 salted or pickled cucumber
- 1-2 tbsp. l. apple cider vinegar
- 4-6 tbsp. vegan mayonnaise (optional)
- Boil all your raw vegetables in a big pot until ready.
- Pill the skin off before or after boiling. Honestly, it is easier if you do it before.
- Cut everything in cubes and mix adding apple cider vinegar along with mayo.
Note: If you want, you can add vegan mayo for the flavour. I personally not a fan, so I skipped it. Enjoy!