This morning I was checking Minimalist Baker’s website for easy and quick vegan recipes and came across her new post – homemade peanut butter. How awesome is that?! You can make your own peanut butter that is completely healthy, not processed, and no extra sugar added, or some other ingredient we can’t pronounce. Making your own food, product means you have control over it, such as adding sugar, salt with your preference. It is easy and does not take long to make. I love Minimalist Baker, she’s got the best recipes in a most healthy and minimal way possible. Enjoy!
Check out this recipe I found on MinimalistBaker.com! https://minimalistbaker.com/cinnamon-raisin-peanut-butter/
This 5-ingredient recipe starts with roasted unsalted peanuts. Or, if you can’t find unsalted, just omit any additional salt.
- 1 pound or ~3 cups (453 g) roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, plus more to taste (if peanuts are salted, omit additional salt)
- 2 Tbsp (16 g) cassia cinnamon* (yes, Tablespoons!)
- 1/4 tsp powdered stevia, 1 Tbsp (3 g) powdered cane or coconut sugar, or 1 Tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup*
- optional: 1-2 Tbsp (15-30 ml) avocado oil
- 1/4 cup (40 g) seedless raisins, roughly chopped (as fresh as possible)