Fun Fridays = pizza Fridays. Since I learned how to make a gluten free vegan pizza, I am getting more and more creative about my pizza cooking techniques.
What you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 packet yeast (included)
- 2 Tbs chickpea flour
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 package Pizza crust and yeast (I used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Pizza Crust where yeast is included, depending on how thick you want it to be, for a thin slice use half of the package, half of yeast as well)
- Salsa or tomato sauce
- sesame seeds
- sweet mini peppers
- Vegan shredded cheese (my favorite brand is Follow Your Heart cheese)
Note: You can always add more vegetables, I added what I had in my fridge.
- Preheat oven to 425ºF and oil 12-inch pizza pan or any pan you think is good to use for a pizza, then set aside
- In a large bowl combine water and yeast. Let stand for 5 minutes while the yeast dissolves. Stir in chick pea flour and oil adding pizza crust then mix it with dissolved yeast.
- Leave the dough in the bowl for 20 mins covered and allow to rise.
- Once it ready, using rolling pin or your hands, roll or press the dough flat to fit the pan.
- Bake for 7 minutes without the toppings
- Then remove from oven add salsa, mini peppers and sesame seeds. Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes until crust is golden brown.
And, voila it’s ready! Enjoy.