Nut milk is as delicious as whole nuts. This is the first time I am making my own almond milk and now I am addicted. It’s easy and super delicious. Never thought It would be this much fun. Inspired by Minimalist Baker.
- 1 cup raw almonds (soaked overnight in cool water // or 1-2 hours in very hot water)
- 5 cups filtered water (less to thicken, more to thin)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 whole dates (optional // pitted // or other sweetener of choice)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional )
- Add your soaked almonds, water, salt, and any additional add-ins (optional) and blend until creamy and smooth. Keep it running for at least 1-2 minutes so you get the most out of your almonds.
- Strain using a nut milk bag (use persianvegan coupon code to get 10% off, I truly love this bag). Using your nut bag pour over the almond milk, carefully gather the corners, and lift up. Then squeeze until all of the liquid is extracted.
Also, check out my recipe using my homemade almond milk.